Bongwe Bar & Grill, Lusaka
Bongwe’s Bar has been one of the friendliest and best Lusaka bars for the past 5 years.
We pride ourselves on being affordable, fun and friendly. We have a wonderful crew of regulars who you will find at the bar most nights. At weekends we usually have a live band or DJ playing until the early hours which attract folk from far and wide. Bongwe are huge advocates of live music and have show cased and promoted some amazing Zambian artists who today are household names in Lusaka because of it.
We believe in offering a product that is genuine and not pretentious. The ethos that has kept us going for so long is that we would not want to invite anyone into a place that we ourselves would not choose to drink and eat at. The bar is arguably the beating heart of Bongwe and is undoubtedly one of the prime Lusaka bars frequented by young and old, black and white and everyone in between. We hope you can come along and witness it for yourself.
Bongwe’s Big & Little Bites…
Our Bongwe Kitchen is simple and delicious. We don’t see the need to over complicate things and so have kept our menus short and straight to the point. Whether you are looking for a simple snack to keep you going or a hearty meal after a long day, we probably have what you want.
- Chicken Popcorn – Deep fried chicken breast coated with mix of herbs and spices
- Samosas – (4 per portion) Choice of Chicken, Beef or Vegetable
- Chips – Portion crispy fried home-made chips
- Bongwe Beef Burger – A grilled (200g) beef patty served on a Home-made bun with fried egg, bacon and cheese with homemade chips
- Homemade Chicken Pie – A delicious homemade creamy chicken and vegetable pie with a puff pastry lid
- Homemade Pizza – A delicious selection of homemade pizzas cooked in our garden pizza oven
609 Zambezi Road. Roma.
+260 973 589419